Untitled

This summer has been a busy one for all three of us here at In The Company of Guides.  l (Todd Passey) promised one of my clients (Larry) that I would put some stuff on the blog, and am only now finding a few moments to do so.  

I guess I will begin with Alaska.  I began my Alaska season in May with a trip into the Ruth Gorge with Mike.  We spent a week camping near the mountain house and ski touring all around the Gorge.

Dsc00119
 We had such a great time than within a few minutes of returning to Talkeetna, Mike book 14 days for 2012.  If anyone wants to join us we have the Mt. House for 7 days and then we plan to get a bump in a plane to go try the Mooses Tooth or Mt. Huntington.

After the Ruth Gorge trip I lead 2 seperate Denali trips.  These were my 16th and 17th trips on Denali and both were successful as far as summit, fun and safety. 

Best_of_todd28

I went home to Salt Lake City for a couple of days and then headed to Jackson Hole, WY to guide a couple of trips on the Grand.  It is an awsome scene up there, great mountain, great community and fun guiding!  I can't seem to locate my photos from the Teton's.  Both trips reached the summit...The first via the complete Exum Ridge, and the second via the upper Exum ridge.  

L1090264

Straight from the summit, Winslow and I loaded up the car and headed for home..We wanted to stay and celebrate with Larry and the So. Cal. boys, but I needed to catch a plane to Nirobi the following mourning.

This was my first trip to Africa, and I will definitely be back.  I was really impressed with the people, the landscape and the Climbing!  Lillian and I climbed Mt. Kenya's highest peak Batian by way of the North Standard route.  This route is a 5.8 20+ pitch route, and we were the first team to summit this year (not that others were'nt trying..nearly a dozen did try while we were there).

on to the Alps! I began with a trip called 10 Trilogy where we attempt to climb Mount Blanc, The Matterhorn and The Eiger.  Poor weather happered us during the first week, but we kept at it and were rewarded with two summits; Mount Blanc and The Matterhorn.

A 6 day course where we attempted the Matterhorn and Mount Blanc, and climbed the Cosmiques arrete.

My Time in the Alps came to a close with one last Matterhorn trip.  Dean showed up in Zermatt ready to get it done..and we did!!

Posted via email from In The Company of Guides